Motorcycle endorsement


Jump to: navigation, search

A Motorcycle Endorsement is placed on the drivers license, giving the operator the right to drive a two-wheeled vehicle. To earn this endorsement, one must pass a written and manueverability test given by the state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Some states will initially give a limited endorsement of "MC NOVICE" requiring use of a helmet and forbidding passengers for the first year.

Some states allow successful completion of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's excellent Basic Rider Course (BRC) to count as filling the requirements for an endorsement.

Earning an endorsement is a sign that a scooter / motorcycle rider is serious about their sport. Experienced riders often retake the BRC and Experienced Riders Course just to keep their skills sharp.

Personal tools